Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chapters 1-5: Food For Thought

Wow...what a powerful first few chapters.  I found myself really sympathizing with these two characters and how different, yet difficult situations they both face.  I'm also wondering how these two may begin to intertwine...there must be a reason the author chose these two people, even though they are separated by over twenty years.  I can't wait to read more.  Anyways...below are some questions to ponder after these chapters. Please, feel free to post responses, thoughts, and more questions :)


Now that we’ve read Chapters 1 through 5 in the text, what is one image that stays in your mind about how time, culture, or place has influenced Nya or Salva?

 

Salva’s character is developing as the story progresses. What is one thing about Salva’s character that you think is changing?

 

If you could ask Nya one question about her life, what would you ask her? Why?
 
 

If you could ask Salva one question about his life, what would you ask him? Why?
 

 
 
side note: it may be easier to comment if you click on the post "Chapters 1-5: Food For Thought" under the Blog Archive Section on the side tab :)





 

 

 

 
 

 

18 comments:

  1. hoe should I answer these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henry...if there is one question you like you can answer it. Or you can just talk about what you thought about the book. Did you like the first couple chapters? I couldn't believe how much different life is for those people in Africa...

      Delete
    2. I liked the first chapters. It was sad that the group left Salva in the barn because he was a kid and would slow them down.

      Delete
    3. I know! I felt the same way- especially because it seemed like it was likely he could be hurt or killed by staying behind.

      Delete
  2. I will answer the forth question I would ask Salva where was the bush and what did it look like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Question! I think I would ask him how he continued to go on without know what happened to his family... I wonder what was going through his mind? Did he have a feeling they were ok, or not ok? I can't even imagine how he felt...

      Delete
    2. *knowing what happened to his family (silly typo)!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Kaitlyn! What do you think of the book so far?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Evan, glad you're joining book club! How do you like the book so far?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Vince! Now you're all set :) What are your thoughts about "A Long Walk to Water" so far?

      Delete
    2. I accidentally went to chapter 10 :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. It's a really good book!!!!! I love it so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Vince, Keep reading. Let's all finish up the book and meet one morning or afternoon to discuss what we thought! Check out the video I posted today and let me know what you think :)

      Delete