Sunday, January 26, 2014

Part Four: Jack


Now, I must admit when I looked at the title of this part I was instantly reminded of how he made Auggie feel on Halloween, and I was MAD!  I was really interested to hear his point of view though. As I continued to read Jack began to grow on me.  I started to sympathize with him, even though I really didn't like how he treated Auggie.  But everyone makes mistakes right?  I know that I've said things I didn't mean before, and I'm thankful that I've had friends and family that have forgiven me.  Do you think it was the right move for Auggie to forgive Jack?


What did you all think of what happened between Julian and Jack?  Do you think he deserved to be punched in the face?  I can understand how frustrated that Jack was with Julian saying such horrible things about Auggie, who was such a nice person!  He felt that he needed to stick up for him in that moment.  I'm glad he apologized after and didn't get expelled.


I'm starting to get a good idea of why Julian is so nasty.  It seems as though it may be a family trait?  It's sometimes easy to understand why kids can be nasty, maybe they just aren't mature enough to realize what is right and wrong.  But for an adult to treat Auggie's acceptance into this school the way Julian's family does just doesn't seem right at all, and frankly, it makes me very upset.  Why do you think they are acting this way?


This book is well on its way to becoming my new favorite!!! I can barely put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment