Friday, January 17, 2014

Part One: August

Spoiler Alert!
If you haven't finished part one (up to page 80) don't read any further :)


First of all,  Natalie Merchant's song "Wonder" (was a quote at the beginning of part one) was one of my FAVORITE songs growing up.  I had (and still have) her CD in my car!! But anyways as I was reading this first part I couldn't help but notice how well the lyrics fit in with Auggie.  I found a video that had her singing and the lyrics.  Check it out and let me know if you agree!






Relates pretty well, huh?  Anyways,  I just really love Auggie and his family.  They all seem like people I'd want to surround myself with, they are caring, thoughtful, and kind.  My heart broke for Auggie on Halloween.  Kids can be so cruel, and the ones that are closest to you can certainly hurt you the most.  I've been trying to think about what I would have done in this situation if I were Auggie.  I definitely would have been equally upset, but I haven't decided what my actions would be next...  What would you do have done if you were Auggie and heard Jack and Julian saying such HORRIBLE things about you?

Can't wait to hear from all of you :)

7 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would have done! I would defiantly be crushed and in disbelief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially because he thought it was going to be his best day ever! That Julian- is so MEAN! Do you think Auggie and Jack should become friends again? I think once he knows Auggie heard him he will feel terrible.

      Why do you think he didn't tell his parents or Via?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song perfectly describes Auggie's situation! He's so strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I listened to it a few times! He really is a very strong person-that's a good way to describe him. I can't wait to get to Jack's section-- I'll be interested to hear his point of view on the Halloween situation!

      Delete
  4. I think he didn't tell his parents because he didn't want them to worry about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, showing what an awesome person he is. He has so much to worry about himself, and he is worrying about his family. <3 him!

      Delete