Friday, January 24, 2014

Part Two: Via

If you have not finished up to page 117, do not read :)


For as tough as a life as Auggie has, I can only imagine how difficult life is for Via.  Auggie requires so much extra attention from their parents, I can see how sometimes she may feel left in the dust.   I admire her strength because she doesn't seem to let it get to her that her parents give her brother more attention. I loved the part when she described her time with her grandmother, I think this was a very important relationship for Via.


I thought her reference to her family as a solar system and Auggie being the sun, was very interesting. She feels that the entire family's life revolves around Auggie, do you think that is accurate?  I'm not sure I could be as patient and understanding as Via. Although, she does mention there may be a shift in the galaxy this year...what do you think that means for the family?

No comments:

Post a Comment